Discover Hunting the right way with the GHAA
The Game Hunters Association of Australia Inc. is a hunting organisation that looks to bring hunters, land holders, government authorities and the public together to educate and assist with game, pest management and safe hunting. We are a member of the Federation of Hunting Clubs in Australia, a premier organisation representing the diverse spectrum of hunting interests.
Our memberships are recognised by the QLD and NSW Police Services as an approved recreational hunting club for the purpose of licensing for firearms. QLD for Category A and B firearms and category M crossbows (Approval Number 79000008-01) and NSW for licensing for Category A and B firearms. (Approval Number 407745119) Our Membership fees, purchased in the multi-year form, are the cheapest rates you will find for these purposes.
GHAA is also recognised as an approved hunting organisation by NSW Department of Primary Industries for R Class Licenses for hunting in NSW state forests.
Applying for Membership
GHAA has 3 membership categories, with great discounts for longer memberships. We are inclusive and encourage families and juniors, from beginners to seasoned hunters.
- A Family Membership is for one or two adult parents & their children, under 18 years old, all living at the same address. It does not cover adult siblings or parent and adult children.
- The GHAA Membership runs parallel with the financial year – no pro rata calculations. A new Membership in the January will have their Membership run till the end of June the next year, i.e. 18 months initial Membership. A new Membership in September with have their Membership run till the end of June the next year, i.e. 10 months initial Membership.
- Membership for ‘reason to own’ purposes is valid & encouraged though those wishing to hunt our properties must undertake the Hunter Education Course.
Online Membership Application
Our online method can speed up your Membership Applications and Renewals. We accept payments via Paypal or bank transfer, submit your details through our form and our membership office will be in touch.
- Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at our regular premises, the only exception being January.
- Meetings begin at 7:30pm and we have regular guest speakers, pizza nights & raffles – we aim to make our evenings informative, educational, and social.
- Visitors and prospective Members are welcome to arrive before the meeting commences to meet some of our Members beforehand – use the contact us for further info if you wish to attend.
- These meetings have been temporarily cancelled until the Covid19 restrictions ease enough for us to meet again. Zoom meetings are currently in place for Members and it is planned to make this part of our regular meetings once they can recommence.
New Member Hunter Education Course
All new members wishing to gain access to hunt game or feral pest animals on GHAA properties must first complete our Hunter Education Course. This course is mandatory for all new members regardless of their hunting experience.
Visit our Courses & Activities page for more information regarding the Hunter Education course.
Insurance included in your Membership Fees
- The GHAA has in place a $20 million public liability coverage for hunting activities Australia wide.
- Also Included is a $12000 insurance policy for your firearms, bows and associated gear, either at home or whilst in transit anywhere in Australia and for 21 days internationally .
Each month you will receive a newsletter by email with all the relevant information regarding events for the up and coming months. The newsletter is a great way to tell your hunting tale or even just to share some useful tips – the more member input, the better the newsletter!