Courses & Activities
GHAA Hunter Education Course
- ,,By far the best & most comprehensive & best priced general hunter education course in Australia.
- All new members wishing to gain access to hunt game or feral pest animals on GHAA properties must first complete our Hunter Education Course. This course is mandatory for all new members regardless of their hunting and firearm experience.
- Landholders who have seen the detail in this course are now asking for this course as a base minimum to gain access to their properties, for all hunters wishing to use their land.
- The Hunter Education Course is in 2 sections; the first is a 4 to 5 hour session, usually held on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane. The 2nd section is held on one of our properties over 3 days.
- Not required if your Membership is solely ‘reason to own’ firearms licencing purposes.
- Our next Hunter Education Course will be held over 2 weekends. Saturday 27th February @ Nerang and Friday 12th to Sunday 14th March 2021 @ Yetman NSW. Enrollments for this course close on Sunday 14th February or when we reach our maximum of 15
- For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Hunter Education Course covers all aspects of hunting and shooting.
- GHAA Club rules
- GHAA club Properties rules and information
- Private land hunting in Australia
- Understanding Farms and Farmer Relations
- Firearm Familiarisation and Safety
- Hunting and shooting safety
- Bush Navigation and safety
- Use of GPS and UHF radios – mandatory on GHAA properties
- Hunting and shooting equipment
- Selecting Firearms and ammunition for purpose
- Game animal harvest and butchering
- Target animal species information
- Trail Cameras
- and lots more
AND we constantly teach:
- ALWAYS OBSERVE FIREARM SAFETY AT ALL TIMES!!
- Adhere to ALL the firearm transport, storage rules and allied laws for everyone’s benefit.
Some comments about GHAA’s Hunter Education Course
- “I’ve done several hunter education courses around the world, this is the most comprehensive I’ve done” – Geoff W
- “Great weekend and a very professional course …” – Barry T
- “Top HE Course, appreciate all your time and energy .. ” – Anton K
- ” …. it is very easy to see the huge amount of effort that has gone into putting it together and it has definitely left me with a passion to go out there and learn more and give it a go” – Joseph W
- “…. I believe that each and every participant will have gained invaluable knowledge from the course, as I have, despite their experience. The firearms industry is one that is under constant scrutiny, and subject to negative media and political comment on a regular basis, it is only through organisations such as yours that enable and empower the end user in a positive way.” – Paul T
What Landowners are saying about GHAA’s Hunter Education course
“I 100% support the GHAA in insisting that anyone who wants to hunt at “T O’s” (or any other property) is both welcome AND must have completed the HE course. Both my Son and I have done this course. It is structured, informative and essential. It covers safety, game, gear , guns and conduct on and off the sport.Every year innocent people get killed. The course that the guys have put together cannot fix stupid. But it is likely to do two things: Have stupid evicted from the club and established a culture of safe shooting.” – Doug A, Property Owner, Yetman, NSW.
(“Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”)
All persons requiring a firearms licence in Qld and NSW are required to undertake an approved course in firearms safe handling. The course is entitled “Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”. GHAA is currently in the process of obtaining our own certified Firearms Safety Course Trainer, until then we can direct you to another trainer.
GHAA is an Approved Hunting Organisation for NSW DPI R- Licence. We have trainers that deliver training on an as needed basis. Our next R-Licence Course will be held Saturday 27th February 2021 @ Nerang . For information contact email@example.com
GHAA holds its annual dinner in July of each year. The “Xmas in July“ dinner event is well attended by club members and their wives and partners. At this event we have awards for:
- Photo Competition awards– for club members who have submitted photographs during the past year. Categories are announced annually.
- Trophy Animal awards – best deer, pig, goat & other animal classes
- The Golden Dozer Award– for the member who has got themselves into the deepest darkest mud hole of the year.
GHAA’s very proactive committee is always looking for way to engage our members with locally held events in the Gold Coast and Brisbane areas. Over the last few years, we have had days targeting:
- Wild Dogs and Trapping
- Handgun range days
- Shotgunners sporting days
We are currently planning our activities for this year & beyond. When covid restrictions allow we will advise our Members accordingly.