Courses & Activities
The Hunter Education Course covers all aspects of hunting and shooting.
- Club rules
- Club Property rules and information
- General Farm and Farmer etiquette
- Firearm Familiarisation and Safety
- Hunting and shooting safety
- Bush Navigation and safety
- Use of GPS and UHF radios
- Hunting and shooting equipment
- Selecting Firearms and ammunition for purpose
- Game animal harvest and butchering
- Target animal species information
- Trail Cameras
Our last Hunter Education Course for 2018 will be held on the 4th Nov and 9th to 11th Nov 2018. All dates are inclusive of the one course and all days must be attended to complete the course.
Details can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
(“Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”)
All persons requiring a firearms licence in Qld and NSW are required to undertake an approved course in firearms safe handling. The course is entitled “Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”. GHAA does not currently have a certified Firearms Safety Course Trainer but is able to direct you to independent Gold Coast and Tweed Coast trainers.
GHAA is an Approved Hunting Organisation for NSW DPI R- Licence. We are an accredited NSW DPI Hunter LEAP Provider. Our trainers are delivering R-Licence courses thoughout the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019 Watch this space for details or go to our GHAA Facebook page.
R-Licence Course – . We will be holding further courses in 2018. Contact our trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to book your spot
- 10-year membership award – for those member who have 10 continuous years of membership
- Photo Competition awards – for club members who have submitted photographs during the past year. Categories are announced annually.
- The Golden Dozer Award – for the member who has got themselves into the deepest darkest mud hole of the year.
- Wild Dogs and Trapping – early 2019
- Handgunners Day – 23rd June
- Trail Cameras in the Field – August 2018
- GPS and UHF use in the field – Late 2018