Courses & Activities
All new members wishing to gain access to hunt game or feral pest animals on GHAA properties must first complete our Hunter Education Course. This course is mandatory for all new members regardless of their hunting and firearm experience
Regardless if you are new to hunting or have 40+ years experience there is something for you in this course. We welcome ladies and teenagers to this course.
The Hunter Education Course covers all aspects of hunting and shooting.
- Club rules
- Club Property rules and information
- General Farm and Farmer etiquette
- Firearm Familiarisation and Safety
- Hunting and shooting safety
- Bush Navigation and safety
- Use of GPS and UHF radios
- Hunting and shooting equipment
- Selecting Firearms and ammunition for purpose
- Game animal harvest and butchering
- Target animal species information
- Trail Cameras
Our final Hunter Education Course for 2019 will be held on the 3rd and 22nd to 24th November 2019. All dates are inclusive of the one course and all days must be attended to complete the course.
Details can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(“Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”)
All persons requiring a firearms licence in Qld and NSW are required to undertake an approved course in firearms safe handling. The course is entitled “Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”. GHAA does not currently have a certified Firearms Safety Course Trainer but is able to direct you to independent Gold Coast and Tweed Coast trainers.
GHAA is an Approved Hunting Organisation for NSW DPI R- Licence. We are an accredited NSW DPI Hunter LEAP Provider. Our trainer will be delivering R-Licence courses throughout 2019 and all of 2019 Watch this space for details or go to our GHAA Facebook page.
R-Licence Course – . We will be holding a R-Licence Course on 3rd November 2019. Contact our trainer at email@example.com for further details or to book your spot
- 10-year membership award – for those member who have 10 continuous years of membership
- Photo Competition awards – for club members who have submitted photographs during the past year. Categories are announced annually.
- The Golden Dozer Award – for the member who has got themselves into the deepest darkest mud hole of the year.
GHAA’s very proactive committee is always looking for way to engage our members with locally held events in the Gold Coast and Brisbane areas. For 2019 we are planning we are planning days targeting:
- Wild Dogs and Trapping –
- Handgunners Day – TBA 2020
We are currently planning our activities for the 2020 year with several new and exciting days being looked at and planned.