Courses & Activities
GHAA Hunter Education Course
All new members wishing to gain access to hunt game or feral pest animals on GHAA properties must first complete our Hunter Education Course. This course is mandatory for all new members regardless of their hunting and firearm experience.
Landholders who have seen the detail in this course are now asking for this course as a base minimum to gain access to their properties, for all hunters wishing to use their land.
The Hunter Education Course is in 2 sections; the first is a 4 to 5 hour session usually held on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane. The 2nd section is held on one of our properties over 3 days.
Due to CoVid 19 restrictions our training venues have limited seating and participant numbers are limited to 12 for the On- Property section and 16 for the 1st section
Our next Hunter Education Course with spots available is 25th July @ Thornlands for the 1st section and 18th to 20th September for the On Property section. We are also seeking interest for a course to be held on-property in the Gunnedah area for possibly November. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Hunter Education Course covers all aspects of hunting and shooting.
- GHAA Club rules
- GHAA club Properties rules and information
- Private land hunting in Australia
- Understanding Farms and Farmer Relations
- Firearm Familiarisation and Safety
- Hunting and shooting safety
- Bush Navigation and safety
- Use of GPS and UHF radios
- Hunting and shooting equipment
- Selecting Firearms and ammunition for purpose
- Game animal harvest and butchering
- Target animal species information
- Trail Cameras
- and lots more
AND we constantly teach:
- ALWAYS OBSERVE FIREARM SAFETY AT ALL TIMES!!
- Adhere to ALL the firearm transport, storage rules and allied laws for everyone’s benefit.
Some comments about GHAA’s Hunter Education Course
“I’ve done several hunter education courses around the world, this is the most comprehensive I’ve done” – GW
“Great weekend and a very professional course …” – BT
“Top HE Course, appreciate all your time and energy .. ” – AK
” …. it is very easy to see the huge amount of effort that has gone into putting it together and it has definitely left me with a passion to go out there and learn more and give it a go” – JW
“…. I believe that each and every participant will have gained invaluable knowledge from the course, as I have, despite their experience. The firearms industry is one that is under constant scrutiny, and subject to negative media and political comment on a regular basis, it is only through organisations such as yours that enable and empower the end user in a positive way.” – PT
What Landowners are saying about GHAA’s Hunter Education course
“I 100% support the GHAA in insisting that anyone who wants to hunt at “T O’s” (or any other property) is both welcome AND must have completed the HE course.
Both A and I have done this course. It is structured, informative and essential. It covers safety, game, gear , guns and conduct on and off the sport.
Every year innocent people get killed. The course that the guys have put together Cannot fix stupid. But it is likely to do two things: Have stupid evicted from the club and established a culture of safe shooting.” – DA, Property Owner, Yetman, NSW.
(“Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”)
All persons requiring a firearms licence in Qld and NSW are required to undertake an approved course in firearms safe handling. The course is entitled “Statement of Attainment for Long Arms Licensing”. GHAA does not currently have a certified Firearms Safety Course Trainer but is able to direct you to an independent Gold Coast trainer.
GHAA is an Approved Hunting Organisation for NSW DPI R- Licence. We have trainers that deliver training on an as needed basis. For information contact email@example.com
- 10-year membership award – for those member who have 10 continuous years of membership
- Photo Competition awards – for club members who have submitted photographs during the past year. Categories are announced annually.
- The Golden Dozer Award – for the member who has got themselves into the deepest darkest mud hole of the year.
- Wild Dogs and Trapping